As I finish my final year as the principal at BCE, I just want to express my gratitude for the opportunity I have had to work with such an amazing student body, PTA, SCC, group of teachers, parents and patrons of BCE. It is bittersweet to have been reassigned to the district office to work in the Special Education Department. It will be a great opportunity for me to learn and grow as an educational leader, but it is definitely hard to leave such a great school. I have always had a focus on servant leadership, as my role is to serve Jordan School District in whatever capacity they see fit. Thank you for allowing me to serve all of you! I will definitely miss the awesome BCE family and community!
Forever a Bobcat!
Governor Gary Herbert announced today that all public schools in Utah will be dismissed beginning Monday, March 16, for a period of two weeks. This is a pre-emptive measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
This means Jordan School District schools will not be in session and no students will attend in person from March 16 – 29.
It is important for parents to know the following:
Breakfast and Lunch Will Continue to be Available for Pick Up Only Starting Wednesday, March 18
- A breakfast to-go will be available (at schools which currently serve breakfast) from 7:30 – 9 a.m.
- Schools will remain open for students to pick up lunch to-go from 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Students must return home after receiving their meal.
Student Learning Will Continue at Home
- Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17 will be used as planning days for teachers and staff to further prepare for at-home learning.
- Details will be forthcoming regarding specific plans for student at-home learning, which will begin on Wednesday, March 18.
- For students who do not have access to a device at home, schools will provide information on their device checkout process.
- Families without internet access should contact their school.
- Year-round schools will contact parents regarding accommodations for A and B tracks.
School Activities Cancelled or Postponed Through March 29
- All school activities are cancelled or postponed.
- All games, sporting events, and practices are cancelled or postponed.
- All extracurricular activities and rehearsals are cancelled or postponed.
More information will be forthcoming.
Thank you for your support.
- As of now, we have cancelled/postponed Kindergarten Orientation, Principal's Pride, all assemblies and all field trips until March 29th.
- We will still hold our school Battle of the Books since they are held in small groups, but the Inter School Battles have been postponed. The final battles will not be held in front of our student body, but in front of just a few classes.
Dear Parents and Families,
Reading for pleasure unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Here's what you can do to help children develop stronger reading skills and a love for reading:
- Set the example. Let children see you read.
- Have a collection of books in your home. Update this collection routinely to keep up with changing tastes and reading skills.
- Support our school's Book Fair. Allow your children to choose their own books to read.
Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right into our school. It's a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child's reading habits.
Book Fair dates: November 6-7, 2019
Shopping Hours: 4pm-8pm (November 6th) 2pm-6pm (November 7th)
If you are not able to attend the Fair, try our new online shopping. We've partnered with the Scholastic Store to offer over 6,000 products that ship direct to home (with free shipping on book-only orders of $25 or more)! Visit our homepage to get started:
We hope to see you and your family at our Book Fair!! Remember, all purchases benefit our school.
PTA Book Fair Committee
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
WEDNESDAY, November 6th
THURSDAY, November 7th**
**THIS IS AN EARLY OUT DAY SCHOOL IS OUT AT 1:55PM**
THERE IS NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY, November 8TH.
PARENT ACCESS TO
SCHEDULE CONFERENCE TIMES
October 29TH THROUGH November 4th
Go to: http://skystu.jordan.k12.ut.us or butterfieldcanyonelementary.org
This takes you to the login for Skyward Family Access*
*You must know your login and password for Skyward Family Access*
Once you have logged in you can click on the student or students you need to schedule.
This can be found at the top of the screen: Family Access/All students
Click on ALL CONFERENCES (middle of screen)
Click on Select a Time
Click on Select by the desired appointment time
Click on SAVE
Need help? Please contact the school: 254-0737
Hello, Butterfield Canyon Elementary Parents and Students!
It is with pleasure that I introduce myself as your new assistant principal. I am looking forward to an incredible 2019-2020 school year at Butterfield Canyon Elementary! One of my greatest loves is to inspire and encourage students to be the best they can be in and out of the classroom!
Let me tell you a little about myself. I began working for Jordan School District in 2003, following eight years of teaching first grade in Murray School District. I taught third grade at both Majestic Elementary and Daybreak Elementary for the past 16 years. I absolutely loved my time in the classroom, supporting my students and building trusting relationships that fostered learning. Educational leadership is one area that I am passionate about, and I am looking forward to working with all of the amazing student leaders here at Butterfield Canyon.
I graduated from Park City High School and completed my undergraduate degree in elementary education at Utah State University. Go Aggies! After spending many years in the classroom, I made the decision to continue my education, receiving my master’s degree in ESL from SUU and completing my certificate in educational administration and leadership through the University of Phoenix.
During my time away from school, I enjoy reading books that allow me to relax and let my mind wander. I also enjoy shopping, playing games, and spending time with my family.
I view a collaborative school environment as the key to creating successful teachers and students. I believe that partnerships with parents and the community are essential to enriching the experience at Butterfield Canyon Elementary. I am eager to get to know each of you and to work to help build strong, capable learners!
Mrs. Staci Moore
Dear 1st Grade Parents & Guardians,
The first day of 1st grade is August 20th. In the past, 1st graders would meet their teachers in a one-on-one or small group appointment on the first day of school. Since individual beginning of the year testing is no longer required, 1st graders will begin school the same day as 2nd-6th grade.
In order to help our 1st graders better transition back to school without a one-on-one meeting, we have a helpful video that explains what your child can expect on their first day of school. This video can be accessed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TgjkMCC8-E&t=151s.
Please take the time to watch this video from beginning to end with your child before the first day of school.
We would also like to invite you to bring your 1st grader to Back to School Night to meet their teacher and visit their classroom. Our Back to School Night will be held on Monday, August 19th. Our school business meeting will be held at 4:00in the gym followed by an open house from 4:30-6:00.
We hope to see you there!