Now students have more access to technology than ever before @ Butterfield Canyon.
In conjunction with Safety Week, we are asking that all students and parents watch and abide by the following safety tips contained in this Safety Super Hero video. Students have watched this video at school and signed a pledge (D trackers will when they come back on track), committing to be a Safety Super Hero!
Parents can also take a mental pledge by agreeing to obey all the following safety rules:
- I pledge to drive 5 mph slower than the posted speed limit in school zones and residential areas to protect the lives of children in my community.
- I pledge to stop for pedestrians at crosswalks and intersections.
- I pledge to stop behind crosswalks so that I don't block the pedestrian's way at intersections.
- I pledge to watch for and yield to pedestrians when making both left and right turns.
- I pledge to never pass a vehicle that has stopped to let a pedestrian cross the street.
- I pledge to never pick up students in a location that puts them at risk trying to reach the vehicle.
Our wonderful PTA brought the Young Company in to perform a fun and engaging play for our students last week. The assembly was amazing and the performers went into each of our 3rd grade classrooms to provide a workshop for our students. They also stayed and ate lunch with our kids in our Bobcat Cafe. Here are some pictures from the event:
Our awesome PTA has arranged to have the Chick-fil-A mascot come in on the 2nd Tuesday of each month to provide a cookie for students with a birthday during that month. They bring enough cookies for any parents or family members of the birthday boy/girl to come in and sit with them during lunchtime. Click here to find out their lunchtimes. The kids loved having a special visitor in the lunchroom today!
After the first week of school - students gathered for an outdoor Kick-Off Assembly to celebrate their commitment to following the Big 3 & developing leadership at school. Students agreed to be respectful, responsible, and safe in all areas of the school after being explicitly taught what that looks like. Some awesome 4th graders taught the student body the actions for each habit. Each grade level also prepared and shared fun chants or cheers that go along with each of the 7 Habits of Happy Kids. Those video files have been posted on our school's YouTube channel - click here to check them out. Following the cheers - each class released a balloon that contained their class mission statement - symbolizing and communicating to the world our commitment to internalize the Big 3 and become leaders of our own lives and learning. Music was playing, kids were enjoying otter-pops, and danced around with their classmates and teachers in a celebratory fashion. It was a high-energy and memorable event!